Image Map

10.04.2012

Cooler Weather


This is the time of year that it's impossible to stay cooped up inside at night.
The cool evenings make me want to watch the sunset on a patio somewhere and enjoy this mild weather and transition into the cold months. 

Luckily for us here in Tejas it's still the in between phase of summer-fall so while it might be chilly in the evenings, it's still too warm to be completely covered up. So, for now, I'm embracing my sweaters by throwing them over comfy shorts and skirts and rocking a little ankle boot to keep my always cold little tootsies nice and toasty.

Naturally, because I get bored with just a plain sweater on, I like to layer them over a button down for a little extra pop of print and/or color.

Not to mention, everyone knows fall is for layering.
(A statement every female has and will make at least 5,000 times in their lifetime.)

I'm totally embracing mixed up patterns right now, too. So I went for the double bubble with the extra pop of red underneath my yellow sweater, along with the plaid print to spice things up.

Don't be afraid to pair some unexpected combinations together right now!
Polka dots & stripes, leopard & florals, stripes & florals, stars & plaid....
I meannn...you can rock it all, girlfriends.

What are your favorite things to wear in the upcoming months?







Sweater: Target (recently on clearance) (love this starred option); Plaid Shirt: American Eagle (old); Skirt: Victoria's Secret; Boots: Dolce Vita; Watch: Michael Kors (limited edition from 2010, love this similar recent version); Bag: Target; Nails: L'Oreal Paris "VIP Status"; Sunglasses: Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment