Image Map

8.03.2012

Buttoned Up

I've been trying to wear mint as much as possible before summer is over and we move into the warmer, darker hues of fall. I also just got back from Mexico and mint seems to highlight the tan sunburn that I managed to get. I'll take what I can get. Since Austin seems to be the very center from which hell's heat radiates right now, sheer tops and lightweight pants are all I can force myself to wear to work without having a heat stroke. Don't worry, it only took me wearing this top three times before I realized that it is, in fact, extremely see-through sheer and I needed to quit being a hussie and wear a tank underneath. And, in case anyone was wondering, these pants are quite possibly the most comfy skinnies I own and Old Navy has them in every color right now for a price that won't break the bank. I think a great pair of black skinnies is a staple in every girl's closet, no matter the season. I literally wore a hole in mine last year, so I was excited to see them back on the shelves just in time for fall. Annnnnd maybe I forgot to take the tags off the first day I wore them and rocked these bad boys around the office like I had just stolen them off the racks and walked right out of Old Navy with them on. So embarrassing. Nobody said a word to me about it at the office, either. Did they think I did that intentionally? I mean, come on. Oh well. I've had my share of wardrobe malfunctions around the office lately. I've become THAT girl.

Anyway. I got this floppy hat on clearance months ago at Express and just love it and can't ever find many places to wear it. After wearing it in 109 degree weather, I decided that maaaybe it's not a summer hat. I need to wait until it cools off a little. When you live on the surface of the sun, a black wool hat and black pants really aren't ideal. I know, I know, black absorbs heat, yada yada. We all already knew this, I just had a momentary lapse of judgement and thought I could outsmart the forces of nature, I guess. I've definitely made better decisions.











Top: TJMaxx (similar here , also love this one); Pants: Old Navy; Flats: Target (SUPER old, love this studded pair for fall!); Bag: Thrifted; Hat: Express (similar, similar); Necklace: Francesca's (old, similar,  similar, similar); Watch: Michael Kors; Bracelets: J.Crew, Chloe + Isabel; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

No comments:

Post a Comment