Image Map

8.13.2012

Black/White

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was totally swamped, but fun-filled with the kickoff event for Austin Fashion Week (pics to come soon!), lots of cleaning house and a family BBQ. I don't think I've taken a deep breath yet! Weekends come and go with record speeds these days..what is that? They might as well not even exist anymore with the way our busy life has been lately!

I picked up these shorts on major sale (like, $19) on a whim a few weeks ago. As I've mentioned 18,000 times before, I can't resist a good sale. I basically MAKE money off of my purchases! Ok, so not really, but I justify it that way in my head. My husband, not so much...but, regardless, they were a steal and they're vegan leather, which means I can transition these bad boys into fall with no problem at all! Styled with some leggings and flat biker boots and I'm seeing a repeat outfit on my horizon! I know, I know..you're probably thinking there's no way in hades that I'd wear leather shorts. But, girls, they really are a fantastic piece to have in your wardrobe because they're so easily styled and versatile for a dressed up nighttime look or something casual and comfy for, say, 10 hours styling backstage at a fashion show!

Sidenote: When googling "leather shorts" please be aware that the images that pop up may or may not be a little PG-13. Leather is one of those keywords that tends to brings up some not-so-kid-friendly images via the internet sometimes. People these days, I swear. Just thought you should know. I almost spit my rice krispies out when doing some browsing earlier...yikes. Not googling that one again on my work computer. HR would have a heyday.

Anyway. I hope everyone has a glorious week. Mondays aren't really my best friend, so let's hope today flies by! Guys..it's almost fall. Get excited. My favorite time of year and favorite attire to wear! Yay!








Shop My Look: Jacket: F21 (old, similar here); Top: F21; Shorts: Guess (similar, almost identical here); Booties: TJMaxx (old, similar here, here); Clutch: Unknown (similarsimilar); Necklaces: F21, Express; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

No comments:

Post a Comment