Image Map

7.19.2012

Graffiti

I'm weirdly obsessed with pairing stripes + florals together right now. I'm actually just weirdly obsessed with stripes in general and had a mild heart attack when I looked in my closet an realized just how many striped tops I have. Oh well. What is it about the combo that I love so much you ask? I don't know. Something about the mixed prints just does an eye good. The simplicity of the basic stripe paired with the busy floral print just creates a look that I truly can't get enough of. I've played around with this look with so many different items in my closet and love it every time! It's an unexpected combination, for sure. But it so works and I'm so obsessed. If you'll notice I also decided to bring back the denim mini skirt circa 2004. It's happening. They're way too comfortable and versatile to retire completely. Plus I love a little mini skirt + sneaker combo. It takes the sexiness out of the short skirt and creates more of a casual, comfortable, cool look that can really be worn from day to night. What are your thoughts? Is this look a little too out there for your taste? Have you retired your denim mini for good? I love mixing and matching styles and prints!






Want to re-create this look? Here's what I'm wearing:

Blazer: Zara (no longer in stock, got it on super sale in store - similar herehere, here, here, here); Top: Zara (similar); Skirt: Cotton On (similar here, here); Shoes: Converse (got mine on sale at Nordstrom Rack); Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (old, color sold out - different colors herehere); Watch: Michael Kors; Double-Finger Ring: Chloe + Isabel; Necklaces: Express, Chloe + Isabel 

No comments:

Post a Comment