Image Map

3.16.2012

Shades of Blue

I love mixing blue hues. I was always secretly jealous of the volleyball teams we played in high school whose school colors were navy and baby blue. So embarrassing. They just are great colors paired together! So, when I was rummaging through my closet, I found one of my favorite spring dresses from Banana Republic and though I'd give it a little twist and sass it up a little. Something I find myself doing to a lot of my favorite pieces so I can wear them more often. You should try it. Anyway, seeing as I don't have a ton of blue items (something I also discovered while searching through my things) I found my favorite denim shirt, layered it underneath my dress and voila! It's like it was a brand new dress. Plus, a collar and some rolled up sleeves add a nice little preppy touch to anything, let's be honest. So, the light denim mixed with the navy dress and paired with my favorite turquoise chunky jewels created a fun look of all shades of blue and definitely can be worn anywhere! Helloooo spring weddings that are sneaking up on us! So don't be afraid to pair your shades of blue together, it really can create a fun, complimentary combination of colors for any outfit! However, tread lightly and don't get too crazy with the hue. I paired mine with some nude shoes so as not to go too overboard. There's a fine line between being cute in all blue and looking like a smurf. 







Dress: Banana Republic; Denim Shirt: J.Crew; Belt: Banana Republic; Jewelry: Stella&Dot, Hurley, Lucky Brand, Dillard's, Target, F21; Clutch: Michael Kors; Shoes: Aldo; Nails: Essie "Turquoise&Caicos"



No comments:

Post a Comment