Image Map

3.26.2012

Monday's Must Haves: Mint

Once upon a time seafoam and mint were two shades of green that were only found on water towers, your great-grandma's bathroom wallpaper and maybe in the floral comforter on the uncomfortable daybed of a rented motel condo on the beach. You get my point. Regardless, the pastel shade has never been loved, and has certainly never had a huge presence in the fashion industry. However, this spring, designers all around have found ways revive the dated shade and  it's quickly become the biggest color of the season. It can be found in denim, tops, dresses and all sorts of accessories. I'm loving the frequent use of the color and yes, I've given minty green a second chance too. I know it won't steer me wrong. Am I a little pale from the lack of sunshine on my body in months? Maybe. Does the color up against my nearly transparent skin wash me out a little? Perhaps. But it doesn't matter. Girls, with or without some sun-kissed skin, mint can be a great pop of color however you choose to wear it. It's a definite must-have this season. My favorite way to wear it? Find a pair of mint shorts or cropped skinnies, pair with a slouchy cotton t-shirt, some simple gold jewels and a great pair of leopard heels. Something about the color paired with leopard just works in a fierce way. Here are some great mint finds that you might love as much as I do!


This is a great (and marked down!) pair of cropped pants from one of my favorite denim designers, Rich & Skinny.



OBSESSED with this black/mint combo dress from ASOS. It's edgy with the corset top and has a girly touch with the mint color and flowy hem. I think I need this now.




Another fantastic find from ASOS. This maxi skirt is so perfect and classic for spring! I'm so in love.



Great messenger bag and perfect pop of color in an accessory!



How adorable is this polka dot number? So fresh and summery. I love. Very Rachel McAdams-esque in The Notebook, no?



Love a great, lightweight button-down. This one from Free People is fabulous!

Have you found any great mint pieces to add to your wardrobe yet? It's a great color to have around this season and you can wear it so many ways! Can't wait to start adding to my collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment