Image Map

1.27.2014

Monday Inspiration: Superbowl Chic












I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big fan of this sporty-meets-chic trend that's happening right now. People ask me all the time what my personal style is, and I like to think this encompasses it. In fact, it kind of inspired the name of my blog, Champagne + Sneakers. I love the juxtaposition of mixing the girly side of me with the tomboy side of me, and letting that reflect in my daily wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of days where I'm all in on one side or the other, but for the most part, my ideal outfit embraces both styles. I think there's just something cool about a laid-back look that is put together and chic, but easy going and a little "off-duty". As a female, I think it's important to have a little bit of it all inside of you, too. Embrace the feminine, girly side of yourself, but don't be afraid to get outside and play and get dirty and hang with the boys. Sometimes I think there's nothing more fun than being glammed up in my heels and red lipstick at work and surprising the boys around the office by hanging with their college football talk or hunting stories.

With the Superbowl coming up this weekend, we all know Sunday will be jam-packed with parties galore. BBQ, beer, appetizers, loud screaming and lots of emotion will flood the day. As I'm thinking ahead to the weekend, of course I'm thinking about what I'll be wearing, and what better time than to bring out that girly-meets-sporty side of you? Am I right? Naturally, I've been browsing for inspiration and came across these images that are all examples of fun ways to wear the trend.

Now, don't get me wrong here, there's nothing wrong with throwing on a jersey and some cutoffs and calling it a day. But, if the inner female inside of you wants to get a little more glammed up, here are some great ways to do so!

Enjoy! Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment