Image Map

5.29.2012

The T-Shirt Dress

Is there really anything better than something that is both cute AND comfortable? I feel like this rarely happens for whatever reason. I always end up forgoing the comfy factor as long as it's cute...then I end up completely regretting my decision. It's always fun to be that girl when you're out that gets to laugh and point at all the other girls in their super cute yet obviously extremely uncomfortable outfits, when you're in your t-shirt, denim shorts and Sperrys and totally at ease. But how often do you get to be that girl? No one likes to have to choose between the two. I'm here to tell you that there's this new fabulous phenomenon (I always think of that old J.Travolta movie when I hear that word..) called the t-shirt dress, and girls, let me just tell you. It's a winner. It's like comfy, casual, dressy, cute, trendy and easy all rolled up into one big ball of ohmygoshIneverwanttotakethisoff. There are so many different styles of this glorious garment and it's easily taken from day to night. You can do the button-down collared style like this with heels for work or gladiator sandals for strolling around town. There's this fabulous little number that's so comfy cute I can hardly stand it. A basic like this can be dressed up with some wedge sandals and a sparkly statement necklace for a great look. I LOVE every color in this simple cotton piece. BCBG added a little two-toned twist to the staple t-shirt dress here. I could go on and on. I just love them all. Here's how I styled my own cotton racerback t-shirt dress - totally perfect for dinner and drinks on a patio by the lake. What do you guys think? Is the t-shirt dress just a little too casual and comfy for your liking? Is there really such a thing? I think not.






Dress: Gap (shorter version here); Belt: Francesca's Collections; Sandals: Urban Outfitters; Bag: Thrifted; Jewelry: Michael Kors, Francesca's, Target, F21, Stella&Dot

1 comment:

  1. Images are really impressive. I think images play important part in articles and blogs. That’s what making this post more attractive and interesting.
    Movie T-shirt

    ReplyDelete