Image Map

5.08.2012

Met Gala Fashion

So last night was the always glamorous Met Gala in NYC. This event is arguably the biggest, most star-studded fashion event in the Big Apple and, as usual, the celebs did not disappoint. While my husband was completely intriqued by the NBA Playoffs last night, I was perched up on my couch next to him browsing the internet and swooning over all of the pics as they were posted. This event is known for its glam and sparkle factors and I just drool over all of the gorgeous gowns each year! I think every girl's dream is to get dolled up for a ball like this. Custom made couture gowns, flawless make-up, stunning hairstyles....I mean, really? I'd give my left kidney for a chance to attend. Even as a bystander - just so I can drool even more in person. After looking through pictures and pictures of all of the red carpet arrivals, I put together my top five looks of the night, in no particular order. I also put together my list of those that didn't quite make the mark. And by that I mean they missed it by a mile...bless their hearts.






1) Carey Mulligan in Prada
2) Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren
3) Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera
4) Sofia Vergara in Marchesa
5) Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan Atelier


I'm dying over these women and how stunning their gowns are. Head-to-toe perfection. Gorgeous colors and fabrics and cuts on all of them! I really can't even choose my favorite I'm so obsessed with each one. I mean, that emerald green in Dianna's dress is unbelievably sunning. THAT train on Nina's is to. die. for. Probably weighs a ton, but it's totally worth it. And Sofia, Camilla and Carey are all completely rocking the metallics and sparkles. AMAZING. I vote they're all winners. Absolutely.








1) Dakota Fanning in Louis Vuitton
2) Chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu
3) Shailene Woodley in Christopher Kane
4) Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row
5) Jessica Chastain in Louis Vuitton



These poor women just couldn't get it this time around. The colors and fits of most of these are just....wrong. Dakota's ages her beyond her years and washes out her pale skin tone. Mary-Kate's is too big on her and looks more like my grandma's moomoo. I don't even know where to begin with Shailene's or Chloe's choices because they're terrible on so many levels. And poor Jessica Chastain didn't COMPLETELY bomb it, but the structure of the dress is just dated and unflattering. Better luck next time, ladies. Let's hope.


Did you guys have any best or worst looks of the night? There's so many fabulous options to choose from that it's easy to get lost among all of them! Already counting down the days until next year's Met Gala Red Carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment