Image Map

12.19.2012

Holiday Style Series: Subtle Sequins & Some Vintage


I'm a firm believer that every girl should mix some sequins up in her attire now and then. You don't have to get all Vanna White with it and go head-to-toe in the glimmery look, but a mild pop of sparkle has never hurt anyone! 

It can be intimidating trying to wear something as bold as sequins, but there's no need to fear. There are ways to wear the look without feeling like a giant disco ball. Unless that's the look you're going for, in which case, all the more power to you. Rock it.

Wearing a thin tank under a blazer or leather cropped jacket is a great way to be subtle with the trend but still squeeze a little bit of glam into your look. There are also some fab sequined minis in all of our favorite stores right now that look amazing with a chunky knit sweater and some booties! I love a good pop of girly sparkle!

A friend and I found this blazer stashed on a $1 rack at a hole-in-the-wall thrift store in Providence, RI, when I was living up there two years ago. Steeeeeeeal! We were pumped. Though it's a few sizes too big for me and is still equipped with those shoulder pads circa 1984, I love the feel of the vintage frock. I paired it with this purple sequined top and some leather shorts to create a fun, glamorous look for a night on the town!

What are some of your favorite ways to wear those vintage pieces? Some of the best coats, blazers and sequined pieces I've seen around have been hand-me-downs from mothers, aunts or grandmothers! When all else fails, raid the women in your lives closets...for real.




Blazer: Vintage Ralph Lauren; Tank: Dillard's; Shorts: Guess; Belt: Nordstrom; Pumps: Steve Madden; Bag: Thrifted; Watch: Michael Kors; Necklace: Express

No comments:

Post a Comment