Image Map

6.10.2012

Wild


Hope everyone had a glorious weekend :) We had a nice, relaxing weekend around here that consisted of some yard work, a little pool time, napping, cleaning and watching the mini-series "Hatfields & McCoys". Have you guys watched it? It aired on The History Channel sometime last week and it's currently On Demand for free with AT&T U-Verse...just in case you were wondering. We like to take advantage of the featured items on On Demand, obviously. It's a three part series based on two feuding families post-Civil War. Like the American version of the Capulets and Montagues...good stuff. Surprisingly, history really interests me (thanks dad) and my husband can't resist a good war/barfight/oldtimey show like this. It's definitely a guy's kinda show...with a little romance here and there for the ladies, of course. I'm not real sure why I decided to go off on a tangent about the series, but to sum it up, it definitely kept us entertained for 6 hours today. I also found myself thinking how fun it'd be to act in series like this with all the fun outfits it would entail based on the wardrobe of that era. Anyway - we also grabbed a quick dinner tonight and, since I was wearing it, it dawned on me that I haven't gotten to show off my fabulous Kendra Scott necklace my sweet husband surprised me with for our first anniversary. I love all of her stuff, it's so full of color and the perfect pop to any outfit. She's based here in Austin but has a store in Dallas and Beverly Hills, as well. If you girls haven't yet, definitely go check her jewels out...they're amazing! I decided to do a little mix and match with my new necklace and pair it with a little brown and black and leopard ensemble. Love the bold color it brings against my leopard top! I'll be wearing this thing a lot, so you can expect to see it styled many different ways! 








PS: How cute is my sweet little pup, Parker? He made a cameo appearance...he likes attention.

What I'm Wearing: Top: TJMaxx (old, LOVE this sleeveless one); Shorts: J.Crew; Sandals: Sam Edelman (my FAVE!); Purse: Michael Kors; Sunglasses: Rayban; Necklace: Kendra Scott; Watch: Michael Kors; Earrings/Bracelet: Chloe + Isabel, Chloe + Isabel, Chloe + Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment