Image Map

4.02.2012

ACM Awards

Alright. So I'll admit that when it comes to entertainment award season, my feelings are a little indifferent. I get bitter because my favorite shows don't air those Sunday nights due to the events taking over primetime TV, and I'm usually over the host and the corny jabs at current events quickly and rarely make it through the entire broadcast. I enjoy music-based award shows because I like watching the performances, but other than those, I'm just really not a huge fan. I think the only Oscar nominated movie I've ever seen was The Blind Side, I'm not up on my Broadway plays and I don't watch the award winning TV shows because I don't have HBO anymore, and let's be honest, all the winners live there. Except for maybe Modern Family, my favorite show ever and maybe I secretly wish I was friends with Sofia Vergara..but that's neither here nor there. My point is that I don't follow the awards closely and don't care all that much to be honest. The reason I do watch the sometimes brutal three hour events? The red carpets. I LOVE seeing what all of Hollywood's women are wearing and love swooning over designer couture gowns that cost as much as my first car. Last night was the Academy of Country Music Awards and the fashion was definitely in full swing. Now, here's a sidenote: country music award shows are like a fashion Switzerland. They're neutral, in the middle, not fully commited to the black tie events like the Oscars, but not as completely as over-the-top as the Grammys. This is why I enjoy these red carpets the most. You'll get long, elegant and flowy numbers, you'll get short and scandalous and then you'll get the occasional artist that shows up in what appears to be the previous night's partying attire. I thoroughly enjoyed gawking at last night's looks, however, and thought I'd share with you guys a few of my favorites along with some budget-friendly options to create the same look for less. It's wedding, formal, prom and banquet season for many of you girls out there and these are some great ideas for a fabulous look!


How gorgeous is this gold plated, drapey gown on Miranda Lambert? So stunning and so show-stopping that the need for accessories or jewelry is minimal. So, so pretty. Here's a great budget-friendly option.



Leann Rimes went for a more revealing look in this short sporty Stella McCartney number. Love the mix of patterns and unique cut, and she completely works it with that body of hers. She got thrown on many worst-dressed lists with this one, but I don't completely hate it. What do you guys think? Here's a gorgeous, fun patterned short option that won't break the bank!



I LOVE this youthful, flirty MaxAzria dress on Jennifer Nettles of the band Sugarland. The color is killer, the combination of the neon coral and yellow and the use of the lace, I just think it's so perfect for an event like this! The cut is universally flattering, as well. Perfect for all body types! For a budget-friendly similar look, go here or here.



Carrie Underwood opened the show with a performance in this edgy, fuschia and black mini. I love how fun and different it is, and definitely a stretch from the frilly, romantic looks she usually works. The 20s-era flapper fringe mixed with the leather straps and studs just totally works and I'm so obsessed I can hardly take it. Edge this fun mini up with a black studded belt, big earrings and black booties for a similar look!



Ok. I don't even have enough words to describe how incredibly stunning this look is on Taylor Swift. She did something completely different than she normally does and ventured away from her sweet, soft, romantic usuals. She completely rocked this chic, modern cutout J.Mendel gown and has never looked better. Jennifer Lawrence recently wore the same dress in solid gold to a premiere and I was completely obsessed. However, I think T.Swift takes the cake on the look, because this white and gold version is just addicting on her. I think this goes in my book as my favorite red carpet look this entire awards season. Maybe ever, for real. Best dressed this year to date. So killer. I would die to wear this dress - how. stinkin'. gorgeous. Are you guys swooning over this as much as I am? Here's a gorgeous similar cutout white gown option.

Again- these are some of my favorite looks of the season! Loved admiring how stunning all the ladies looked on the red carpet as usual! What were some of your favorite looks from the ACMs last night? What about from this award season in general? These are some great looks to find inspiration for whatever event you might be attending this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment