Image Map

10.20.2015

That LBD for day or night


So. I've been doing some closet cleaning and simplifying lately. I'm really wanting to hone in on pieces that I can wear a zillion ways and get rid of the rest. This presented a bit of a challenge, which excited me because I suddenly started playing dress up trying to figure out all the ways I could wear all of my favorites. Have you ever done this? I challenge you to do so. 

Anyway, I bought this darling little lace dress for a steal at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago. It's Free People, so you know it's flowy, bohemian and flirty. The back is see-through black lace so it's a bit sassy, BUT that didn't stop me from seeing all the potential in this bad boy. A little lace dress goes a long way any time of year. You can dress it up for a special occasion when you want to be sassy or you can layer it up and give your casual outfit an unexpected pop of lace detail. Maybe you're not a lace person. In that case, you can take this tip for any of your little dresses that you love so much.

Here are two ways I wore the same dress, giving it two very different looks. 

I belted it with a studded belt the first time around. I love the juxtaposition of the feminine lace + edgy metal studs. Any look that combines feminine + edgy is my jam.

I threw on my favorite chunky heels, but you could always go more classic with a simple black pump. I wore my hair up to show off the lace detail around the top and back!

As you can see, I'm ready to dance the night away!




To dress this thing down for a casual fall night, I focused on layers. You know, all those layers we all talk about during fall! Plaid adds an unexpected print & some color, and the denim jacket makes it super casual. Together it's a laid back, relaxed look I can wear out around town during the day or for a date night with my man! Of course, I couldn't resist my favorite felt hat & ankle booties. Don't be afraid to mix your casual pieces like these with your dressier pieces!



Voila! Would you have ever guessed this was the same little dress? That's the beauty!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more daily outfit inspiration: @blaineashley


No comments:

Post a Comment