Image Map

4.06.2015

New Directions




Hello.

It's been a good minute since I last posted on here. To be honest, I kind of lost my mojo for a while. Sometimes you get in a weird creative rut. You start questioning your direction, inspiration and goals. That's how I've been. Something I've struggled with for the last year. I have lots of things that I like to do, and lots of ideas that come to me on how I can utilize my gifts and talents, but they're all jumbled up into this place in the back of my mind that always reverts back to..."yeah, Blaine, that'd be cool, but..."

So, I kind of gave up. Fashion is fun but I like so many other creative avenues. I didn't want to limit myself to just some janky outfit pics. I've had a zillion things on my mind after having a new baby and no time to sit down and spend any time on any of them. So I've neglected this blog. I ran out of things to post and original thoughts to share. I ran out of time to spend to gather my thoughts, ideas and direction, more importantly. I mean come on, I don't look cute everyday anymore. I don't have time to get dressed all fashionably and take outfit pics. I don't even have time to shower.

Over the last few months, I've done some soul searching. I've gone through a lot of struggles mentally and emotionally in the last year that I really haven't known how to handle. I have cried a LOT. Laughed a LOT. But cried even more. (I'm blaming the tears on weird crazy hormones that are whack during and after pregnancy. Who knows.) Nonetheless, I decided I wanted to come back to this blog because it really is a creative part of me that I've enjoyed. I want to come back to use it as an outlet. A therapist. A friend. Someone I can vent to and share my thoughts with. I don't really know who or why anyone wants to read, but you know, sometimes just typing your thoughts out allows for a weight off of your shoulders and a better understanding of life as we know it.

I'm using this space as an outlet for me to share my thoughts on this new current phase of life that I'm in - motherhood. Stay-at-home motherhood at that. Working full time and keeping an infant full time motherhood, more specifically. I'm using this space to talk about things that I want to talk about. I don't care if they're important or worthy of talking about to any one else. It's a way for me to share my thoughts and an outlet for me to record my life, right now. I can talk family, friends, clothes, photography...whatever the topic. I can use it as a space to document milestones and moments that occur along the way, with the hopes that years from now, I can look back - my kids and family can look back - and remember the moments. Remember the times. And you know, if along the way I make people laugh or give someone a story to relate to, then hey. Bonus.

But this is it. A new direction for me and a place that I can go to to share and just be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment