Image Map

9.14.2014

White After Labor Day :: Part One



We've all heard the old "you can't wear white after labor day" mumbo jumbo, right?

Well, my friends...I'm here to tell ya that that's all out the window. Yep, you heard me. Wear all those white pieces that you love. Wear them to your heart's content. Just be careful when you're drinking red wine. I'm the queen of spills. Like a 6-year-old. Except 6 year olds don't drink wine, so.....better analogy next time.

I feel like lately I've had 35 people ask me about this old rule, so after shelling out ideas to each of them of just HOW they can wear those favorite jeans or dress or whatev it may be, I just thought, hey. Blog. Duh.

For the first part of this series, I give you my favorite eyelet camisole dress I got back in March. It's comfy, breathable, lightweight....WHY would I want to stash this bad boy away!? I don't.

The secret to transitioning your favorite white dress from summer to fall is to pair it with those fall neutrals or jewel tones. I'm on a neutral kick lately, so I grabbed my tan oversized slouchy boyfriend cardigan to hang around my shoulders and threw on a great felt hat and my comfy brown suede booties. If it was a little colder outside, I would have thrown on some black leggings, too.

Pairing those lightweight summer pieces with heavier fall/winter pieces is a great way to keep your favorites in your closet and take them from the warm months into the colder weather!






Dress: Old Navy- old (can we talk about how adorable THIS one is!?); Sweater: LOFT (similar here, here); Booties: Target; Hat: Express; Rings: H&M; Bracelets: Madewell, F21

No comments:

Post a Comment