Image Map

4.09.2013

Traveling




Girls - particularly those that find yourselves traveling a lot...the maxi skirt. Embrace it. I think it miiiiiiiight be the single greatest creation known to man. Just kidding. It's up there, though. I mean, it's long and covers our legs on days when maybe they aren't the prettiest things to be seen. It can be casual or dressed up. Can be worn at anytime. HELLO. Come to mama.

I've been pretty weary of these bad boys just because I always felt like they looked a little strange on me (and maybe my husband is not a fan...) Ha! But geez, I found this little number and it just lit my world up. I think I'll be wearing it frequently.

It's a perfect item to throw on for those long road trips, or cross-country flights. So ideal for traveling! I threw this dark plum colored cotton gem on with a tank and a denim shirt and I was ready to go. I looked decently cute on our three-hour road trip (I mean you never know who you're going to run into at the junky truck stop off of Hwy 37, right?) and I was already dressed for the evening, just in case we decided to go out. Which we didn't. But I was prepared nonetheless. 

Moral of the story: make the maxi skirt your new best friend. 
And don't stop at junky truck stops off of Hwy 37.




Get My Look -  Tank: Cotton On; Denim Shirt: Madewell (similar here); Skirt: Target; Bag: Target; Fedora: Target; Watch: Michael Kors; Sandals: Sam Edelman (love this pair)

No comments:

Post a Comment